SSRS: Subscription:: data-driven failure

• Hello experts,

in SSRS 2008 r2, I used to be able to create data-driven subscriptions. As a matter of fact I have quite a few reports with and without existing subscriptions that I can use data-driven subscriptions.
     Now, after getting the failed error message, I decided to have a very simple query in the report.. something in the line of    select top 10 * from ACME.
     And using a functional shared data-source.
     here it comes.

When I upload this functional report to the server and getting to "manage/subscriptions" I cannot use the data-driven.
     The error is :
     data-driven subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, the report is using ser-defined parameter values, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.

> do not have parameters
     > it is not a link
     > using a good valid data-source that 100+ reports are running off of

Any ideas what can cause the server to act up like this?

Cheers,
    John Esraelo

• John Esraelo-498130 - Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:52 PM

Hello experts,

in SSRS 2008 r2, I used to be able to create data-driven subscriptions. As a matter of fact I have quite a few reports with and without existing subscriptions that I can use data-driven subscriptions.
     Now, after getting the failed error message, I decided to have a very simple query in the report.. something in the line of    select top 10 * from ACME.
     And using a functional shared data-source.
     here it comes.

When I upload this functional report to the server and getting to "manage/subscriptions" I cannot use the data-driven.
     The error is :
     data-driven subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, the report is using ser-defined parameter values, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.

> do not have parameters
     > it is not a link
     > using a good valid data-source that 100+ reports are running off of

Any ideas what can cause the server to act up like this?

How is the security setup for the data source?

Sue

• The security is fine, as mentioned, it is a shared functional data-source.  over 100s of reports are using that.

New Findings:
    about 20 minutes ago, created a linked report from this report, in the same folder with a different name of course and the data-driven subscription did not complain and it worked.  And, yet, the parent report's data-driven subs still complains.
    Go figure.
    Does not make sense to me.

Cheers,
    John Esraelo

• John Esraelo-498130 - Friday, May 11, 2018 1:59 PM

The security is fine, as mentioned, it is a shared functional data-source.  over 100s of reports are using that.

New Findings:
    about 20 minutes ago, created a linked report from this report, in the same folder with a different name of course and the data-driven subscription did not complain and it worked.  And, yet, the parent report's data-driven subs still complains.
    Go figure.
    Does not make sense to me.

I've only ever seen that error when it was an issue related to the text in the error message.
    But if you are convinced you have hit a bug then open a case with Microsoft. There is no charge when it is a bug.

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply