SSRS account switch issue

• Hi, 
    I need to switch the ssrs account from domain to local account.
    Now, sql server configuration manager does not let me do that. And when I try to do that via reporting service manager select built in option and select local account, it is asking for encryption key and and password which I no clue where they are stored. What are my options now? Can I delete and create new keys or keep searching for the keys? Also, is there anyway I can use the new key and save it?
    Thank you!

• sizal0234 - Friday, December 7, 2018 2:02 PM

Hi, 
    Now, sql server configuration manager does not let me do that. And when I try to do that via reporting service manager select built in option and select local account, it is asking for encryption key and and password which I no clue where they are stored. What are my options now? Can I delete and create new keys or keep searching for the keys? Also, is there anyway I can use the new key and save it?
    Thank you!

You need to sue Reporting Services Configuration Manager when changing the service account.
    You can recreate the encryption key -
    SSRS Encryption Keys - Delete and Re-create Encryption Keys

Sue

• Sue_H - Monday, December 17, 2018 6:30 PM

sizal0234 - Friday, December 7, 2018 2:02 PM

Hi, 
    Thank you!

You need to sue Reporting Services Configuration Manager when changing the service account.
    You can recreate the encryption key -
    SSRS Encryption Keys - Delete and Re-create Encryption Keys

Sue

That one threw me for a minute... I think you mean "use". LOL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply