SSRS 2008 R2 Report Builder csv date rendering problem.

• Afternoon folks.

I'll hopefully explain myself clearly on this - if not, please tell me!

We have several report builder reports that have date columns in the format DD/MM/YYYY.

On SSRS 2005 exporting the report builder report in either XLS or CSV format would export the data as expected ..... i.e. DD/MM/YYYY.

On SSRS2008 however something irritating is happening! When exporting to XLS - the report exports DD/MM/YY. When exporting to CSV it exports DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS.

Underling database stores the date and time, however the report model column format is set to short date (d). This appears to mean data is presented in report builder or XLS format as expected - but for CSV it just ignores it!:crazy:

Is this any way we can fix the CSV format??

please bear in mind that these are reoprt builder reports, not fixed reports that we design and produce. (I did find a fix but we can't use it in report builder as the format isn't correct and I'd rather get SSRS 2008 to recognize the data format from the report model!:

=IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="CSV",Format(Fields!DateValue.Value,"dd/MM/yyyy") ,Format(Fields!DateValue.Value,"dd MMM yyyy"))=IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="CSV",Format(Fields!DateValue.Value,"dd/MM/yyyy") ,Format(Fields!DateValue.Value,"dd MMM yyyy"))

)

We have just migrated some report to SSRS 2008, which are based on a report builder report.

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• may just have found my answer :w00t: - but I can't test till Monday:

CSV Device Information Settings: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155365(v=sql.105).aspx in particular: UseFormattedValues

....if you've had the same issue please let me know what your fix was and I'll update on Monday if what I've found is the solutions.

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply