SSMS 2016 13.0.1601.5 Update Not Complete

• Ok. Every time I open my SSMS 2016, the update is returning the following. Obviously I ran the update and all the check marks were completed. However, the Report Viewer one just refuses. I've rebooted and all, after it mentioned some things might need a restart. Still nothing.Image may not show up unless you right-click and view image. It's on my Google drive, which is "https", but it's all I have right now.Anyone else have an issue getting the update to complete, or to figure out why it says there's an update but can't get it?ThanksKD

Note: Updated Topic Subject

• For others' benefit, here's that image:

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Is there a firewall or proxy issue? I have never had an issue with SSMS, but other products I try to update are blocked by our internal security.

Leonard

• No firewall issues, as the rest of the update check marked fine, per image (thanks for the hosting shot).

Also, sorry for typo on version in the subject line (13.0.1601.5 is what it should be).

Thanks

KDS

• Still not fixed on my systems.  Just rant the latest update for SSMS (13.0.16106.4) and it installed fine.  Still no update on Report Viewer. :/

KDS

• You could try installing SSMS 2017, see if you experience a similar problem.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks Thom

I'm not at a point where we're ready to try SSMS 2017 due to third party apps used with SSMS not being ready yet.  I really need to get a VM where I can test behaviors with our servers, SSIS, and more.  My local SQL instance is 2014, and I'm beginning to wonder if that is having an impact.  Thing is, SSMS 2016 is supposed to be its own separate entity. That shouldn't make a difference, and would only highlight an incompatibility with previous versions if an instance is running on the machine.

I admit that I haven't hunted on this in depth, but I have spent a number of hours scouring for an answer over the past 6 months.  In the end, I have to ignore it and get work done, but that's not how it should work.

Thanks
    KDS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply