SSISDB SELECT Permission was denied on object 'projects', database 'SSISDB, schema 'catalog'

• I want to post a resolution to a problem that I was having that appeared to be permission related. One day all of a sudden all of the ssis packages started to fail with the message in the job activity log:

Executed as user: ***. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 11.0.5058.0 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Started: 11:03:36 AM Failed to execute IS server package because of error 0x80131904. Server: ., Package path: *****.dtsx, Environment reference Id: NULL. Description: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'catalog_properties', database 'SSISDB', schema 'catalog'. The Integration Services server property, 'ENCRYPTION_ALGORITHM', cannot be found. Check the name of the property and try again. Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider Started: 11:03:36 AM Finished: 11:03:36 AM Elapsed: 0.11 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

After many hours searching the web and trying to figure out how I all of a sudden lost permissions as well as everyone else I noticed that somehow the 'Catalog' schema owner got changed to a user. After changing the schema owner to dbo the packages were now completing. This also resolved the issue where I could not deploy packages as well as configure environments.

• Thanks happened to me as well trying to connect sql2008r2 user to integration services he became owner of catalog schema Your tip saved me a lot of time trying to find why SSIS jobs were not running:-)

• Thank you this did the trick for us also!

Scott

• I have faced the same issue.

I have changed catalog schema db owner to dbo, after that SSIS jobs are running.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• You just saved me also. Thanks for this post.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply