SSIS Packages with other functionality

• Ive written an asp page that reads the files (csv) in a given folder and then takes an id and does a lookup in another table to get more uptodate information and inserts into a destination table, then inserts into another table the name of the csv file ive just read and updates the filename field in the destination table.

This works but is SOOOOOOO slow AND i cant automate it. I would like to do this in SSIS, but i'm lost at the extra functionality of

a) Looping through the files, storing the filename

b) Inserting the filename into the other table

c) Doing the lookup

I have also created a page that takes all the info in the database and does a stats page, but this (again) soooo long in running. Can I (after ive done this import), run this asp page (Vbscript) and populate a table with this stats info????

I could have input files with upto 1M records and this just insnt feasible in ASP but ive seen how lighteningly quick SSIS is, i just cant do the extra required functionality, so any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thank you

Darryl Wilson
    darrylw99@hotmail.com

• The for-each Loop container should help you do most of what you want to do. When you set these up, it loops through the folder contents, puts the current filename into a var that you can then use elsewhere as/if required.

Steve.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply