SSC Forum Updates

• Dave Convery - Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:11 AM

You can vote on the "Comic Sans Issue" now.
    https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1849980.aspx

I'm thinking that there are more serious issues to worry about.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden - Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:47 AM

Dave Convery - Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:11 AM

Hence this thread.

• Thom A - Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:24 AM

It seems that the word wrapping goes a bit odd at the end of a line. When you have a word that is long enough to go on to a new line, instead of it starting on a new line, the word ends up being getting split up. You end up with half the word on one line and the other half on the next. Not sure If I have replicated it in this post, but Thomas' post above does it on my screen:

Now THERE's a problem!  When I go to view the graphic, it show up in it's original size instead of auto-magically enlarging to the screen size.  Further, when I press the + button to enlarge, it enlarges but only within the original space allocated on the screen.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• One thing that would be nice, if possible:
    When clicking on the Latest / Popular / Unread buttons, have it refresh if you're already in the view.
    IE, I click Latest, pull up a couple posts in new windows, clicking Latest again would refresh the list.

• Jeff Moden - Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:52 AM

Thom A - Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:24 AM

It seems that the word wrapping goes a bit odd at the end of a line. When you have a word that is long enough to go on to a new line, instead of it starting on a new line, the word ends up being getting split up. You end up with half the word on one line and the other half on the next. Not sure If I have replicated it in this post, but Thomas' post above does it on my screen:

Now THERE's a problem!  When I go to view the graphic, it show up in it's original size instead of auto-magically enlarging to the screen size.  Further, when I press the + button to enlarge, it enlarges but only within the original space allocated on the screen.

Gah!.  I made a spelling error in the above post and went back to correct it.  Where's the "Edit" button?  Are edits no longer possible?

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden - Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:54 AM

Jeff Moden - Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:52 AM

Thom A - Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:24 AM

Gah!.  I made a spelling error in the above post and went back to correct it.  Where's the "Edit" button?  Are edits no longer possible?

Ah... never mind.  I found it.

[Edit]  And it seems to work, as well.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• It's in the top right. The little pencil
    https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Uploads/Images/311b15ad-a5b3-4696-9a77-63c2.PNG

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Someone else posted a problem concerning the absence of something that gives a clue as to which forum a given post on things like the "Latest Posts" page.  I agree that it would be really handy to include that bit of information and would love to see it come back somehow.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Dave Convery - Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:50 AM

Jeff Moden - Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:47 AM

Dave Convery - Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:11 AM

Hence this thread.

Understood... hence my comment. ๐Ÿ˜‰

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Is there a way to get the Like/Share/Report buttons on the same line as the Reply/Multiquote buttons?

I do like the preview down at the bottom.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• Jeff Moden - Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:05 AM

Someone else posted a problem concerning the absence of something that gives a clue as to which forum a given post on things like the "Latest Posts" page.  I agree that it would be really handy to include that bit of information and would love to see it come back somehow.

I think this is one we'll definitely look at. It's not out of the box behaviour of the latest version of Instant Forum, but we can definitely look at restoring it.

• I seem to be getting notifications from threads that I have not subscribed to (such as this one)
    Is there another setting I need to apply?

Thanks

- Damian

• DamianC - Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:19 AM

I seem to be getting notifications from threads that I have not subscribed to (such as this one)

Thanks

Can you forward them to me (robert.chipperfield@red-gate.com) and I'll take a look?

Thanks!
    Rob

• robert.chipperfield - Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:22 AM

DamianC - Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:19 AM

I seem to be getting notifications from threads that I have not subscribed to (such as this one)

Thanks

Can you forward them to me (robert.chipperfield@red-gate.com) and I'll take a look?

Thanks!
    Rob

Try changing some text to italics in a quoteTry changing some text to italics in a quote like this..

โ€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.โ€ - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Most of us are UK-based, so we're going to be signing off soon, but we're still combing this thread and logging any issues that come up - we'll be back on tomorrow again to look at what needs doing. Steve's also keeping an eye on this.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply