SQL Server Job: Data Sources : SSIS connection manager

• I am looking for clarification of the connection manager underthe data source tab of job step properties in SQL server agent. I have attached a picture of a currently defined job.

when connection strings are defined within the package, do they have to be selected when the Job that executes the SSIS package is created?

Thanks

• TryingToLearn (12/4/2014)

I am looking for clarification of the connection manager underthe data source tab of job step properties in SQL server agent. I have attached a picture of a currently defined job.

when connection strings are defined within the package, do they have to be selected when the Job that executes the SSIS package is created?

Thanks

Not usually, however it is common to put the connections in a SSIS package configuration (file, db table, etc) so as to separate dev, qa, uat and prod

Gerald Britton, Pluralsight courses

• Thanks, i ask because this connection is defined within the package, and when it is selected as part of running the package via a sql agent job(so it is selected twice), it fails:

Error: Option "12.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;" is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid.

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=\\Servername\BlueStar\401kAuto.xlsx;Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1";

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply