SQL Server 2014 - Subscription not craeted on subscriber

• Hello,
    I am trying to setup transactional replication between server A and server B. I have SQL Server Agent configured to use 'NT SERVICE\SQLSERVERAGENT' account that has sysadmin privilege. The distribution database is local to the Publisher server A.
    When I try create replication frpom server A to server B, the publisher is created on server A BUT the subscription is NOT created on server B.
    Also, found out that the log reader agent job on the Publisher server A was failing because the job step was trying to execute using 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' account INSTEAD of using 'NT SERVICE\SQLSERVERAGENT' account.

Couple of questions:
    Question 1: Why the sql server log reader agent job step was trying to execute using 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' account INSTEAD of using 'NT SERVICE\SQLSERVERAGENT' account?
    Question 2: Why is the Subscription was NOT created on subscriber server B?

Could anyone please reply?

Thanks

• Boraiah Manjunatha - Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:20 AM

Hello,
    I am trying to setup transactional replication between server A and server B. I have SQL Server Agent configured to use 'NT SERVICE\SQLSERVERAGENT' account that has sysadmin privilege. The distribution database is local to the Publisher server A.
    When I try create replication frpom server A to server B, the publisher is created on server A BUT the subscription is NOT created on server B.
    Also, found out that the log reader agent job on the Publisher server A was failing because the job step was trying to execute using 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' account INSTEAD of using 'NT SERVICE\SQLSERVERAGENT' account.

Couple of questions:
    Question 1: Why the sql server log reader agent job step was trying to execute using 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' account INSTEAD of using 'NT SERVICE\SQLSERVERAGENT' account?
    Question 2: Why is the Subscription was NOT created on subscriber server B?

Could anyone please reply?

Thanks

1. The security for the log reader agent job is determined by what you selected for the agent security when creating the publication. In replication monitor, right click on the publication and select properties. Go to the Agent Security page and you will see the accounts setup to run the agents. You can also check the properties of the Run agent setup of the job, check the RunAs to see what account you setup.
    One thing to note is that when setting up the security, in the screen for selecting the agents accounts, it's not recommended to run under the SQL Server Agent account. You would generally want to create separate domain accounts for replication agents.

2. Did you create the subscription or just create the publication? How did you create the subscription? For the subscription, you would want to check the snapshot agent to see if this was delivered, check the job as well as view the details of the snapshot agent in replication monitor. That would be the start of the replication process and when you would see the replicated data on the subscriber.

Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply