SQL Server 2008 - CDC

• Hi Experts,

We are using SQL Server 2008 and using CDC functionality for auditing purpose.

we have identified tables and columns needed for Auditing purpose.

As according to SQL Server internal mechanism for each CDC table it is

creating CDC table inside system tables under that database.

is there any way instead of having various "_CT" table i can have one table

for all together, which can reduce overhead for me.

immediate help needed please.

• anybody from MS ... i am waiting for your reply.....

• CDC works on individual table.

Change data capture records insert, update, and delete activity that is applied to a SQL Server table. This makes the details of the changes available in an easily consumed relational format. Column information and the metadata that is required to apply the changes to a target environment is captured for the modified rows and stored in change tables that mirror the column structure of the tracked source tables. Table-valued functions are provided to allow systematic access to the change data by consumers.

There would be 1 change table per source table.

All objects that are associated with a capture instance are created in the change data capture schema of the enabled database. The requirements for the capture instance name is that it be a valid object name, and that it be unique across the database capture instances. By default, the name is <schema name_table name> of the source table. Its associated change table is named by appending _CT to the capture instance name.

I guess what you are asking is not supported by SQL Server.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply