Restoring SQL Server 2012 db backup to SQL Server 2016 - Reports not working

• Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am not a DBA. I am the application admin of a COTS product. Presently we are using a SQL Server 2012 version and planning to migrate to SQL Server 2016. We have to new SQL Server 2016 version. I took a backup from the SQL Server 2012 using the SQL Server Management Studio and successfully restored into the new SQL Server 2016. I was able to login to the application, But few reports are not launching from the new db server. I have compared both the SQL Server settings using sp_compare with advanced option and every parameter seems to be matching. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any idea where to start with it will be a great help.

• By 'Reports', are you referring to SSRS reports?

When you say 'few', do you mean that some reports are OK and others are not?

Do you get any errors? If so, please post them.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• It's hard to say without knowing if you are getting errors but it's often either not restoring the encryption key or an issue with the RSExec role. Both of these are mentioned in the following article which might give you enough information to figure out the issue:

Moving the Report Server Databases to Another Computer (SSRS Native Mode)

Sue

• Are you getting any error message?

SQL Database Recovery Expert 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply