Replication to Oracle subscriber

• Anyone using an Oracle subscriber with SQL 2012? We have a scripted deployment that works great on SQL 2008 R2 (and 2008, 2005), but when we run it on 2012, the distribution of the snapshot fails at the very end with an ORA-00942 error stating the "table or view does not exist". This is after all 342 pre, sch, idx, and bcp files have been processed successfully. The agent then starts over again, dropping all the tables and recreating them again.

We are running SQL 2012 Developer on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (32bit) under Windows Virtual Server 2005 R2 on Windows XP SP2 (64 bit) for validation testing.

Have Fun!
    Ronzo

• I would recommend enabling logging on the snapshot agent to see what that reveals. I'm pretty sure that will provide some clarity.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312292

Let me know what you find.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Currently verifying, but we believe that we've traced the issue to a particular version of the Oracle OLEDB software. WireShark revealed that data content of a packet appeared to be truncated (only half a table name on a SELECT * FROM). This was the source of the missing table message.

Have Fun!
    Ronzo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply