Remember Your Life

• While TechEd is exciting and fun, I have to step back for a moment and make a note of something. Not to be too sobering, but a few things are worth noting.

First I saw a thread from Monday on life choices, dealing mostly with one person's choice of employment. It's an interesting perspective and one worth taking a few minutes to read.

That same day I got a call from my Mother that her boyfriend had passed away after a battle with cancer. While it was expected, it was still a shock and it was a lot for her to deal with.

In these two events are important lessons. The first is that life is short and that you should enjoy it and live it. Maintain a balance, don't get too caught up in planning for the future nor just enjoying the present, but balance your life.

And enjoy the time that you get with your friends and family, as often as possible.

Steve Jones

• Maintain a balance, don't get too caught up in planning for the future nor just enjoying the present, but balance your life....

Easier said than done Steve, but we all know what you mean! When Life hands out some really bad moments it makes us all sit down and reevaluate but we forget all too soon..I think that's the defense mechanism in each of us kicking in...

Enjoy TechEd...I get the feeling sometimes that you're at a crossroads yourself & very soon we may be reading about the DBA turned author...<;-)

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply