Problem in connecting SQL CE Database

• Dear All,

Im new to SQL CE 2.0 DB.

We decided to go with MS SQL CE for the DB development for our Project which should work in the Hand Held Terminal devices.

We have developed our application using C++ in eVc++ environment ( CE 3.0) and from this application only we need to connect to the SQL CE DB and to manipulate the data.

So we need some guidance or some sample applications on how we could achieve the above mentioned. We searched in the Net and could not find any data.

We need to know how to establish a connection to the DB using the application.

Using that connection reference we need to access tables etc,

If you have any idea on this kindly share it with us.

Also while searching we obtained some links

We used the sample code available in the MSDN link

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa237914(SQL.80).aspx

But when we compiled we were able to compile without any errors after including the necessary header and library files.

When we tried to execute the program we were facing some problem with the following line

hr = CoCreateInstance( CLSID_SQLSERVERCE_2_0, 0, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,IID_IDBDataSourceAdmin, (void**)& pIDBDataSourceAdmin);

In your posting we found that you were also facing the same problem at that time, so if you could help us in this regard , then it would be very useful fro us.

We are using SQL CE 2.0

EVC 3.0

PocketPC emulator

• Whats the value of hr returned?

- James

--
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd

• James,

Thanks for your response.

hr value is -2147221164

Regards,

Bose.

• Bose,

CoCreateInstance returning  0x80040154 (which is the same as -2147221164 signifies Class not registered so I would suggest finding the SQL CE dll and running regsrv32 on it to make sure its registered with com. Once you have tried that if it still doesnt work post here again and there are several more things you can try.

- James

--
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd

• James,

I registered connwiz20.dll, sqlcesa30.dll, sscerp20.dll, ssscesa20.dll with regsvr32 successfully.

When i tried registering connwizr20.dll the following error message was thrown,

"connwizr20.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found".

And i ran the application its not working, kindly help me how to proceed.

Regards,

Bose.

• Hi Bose,

I would imagine that connwizr20.dll is not a COM dll so that is probably nothing to worry about - what is the return value of hr now? Is it the same or different?

- James

--
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd

• James,

hr returning the same value (-2147221164).

Regards,

Bose. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply