Prinicpal server Tables are missing

• Hi Team,

In Principal server user tables are not appearing, how can re-store the all the table please suggest me.

• Can you do a select from a table you know in the database as a query or have the tables been dropped from the database?

If so do you have backups?

• How can i check what went wrong in the database because user tables are missing.

• missing how, just missing in object explorer or can you not even select from them in a query window?

• I have checked errorlog,event log, windows event logs but i did not find the root cause why tables are missing how can i find out the reason for the above

• Please answer the question I have asked twice.

Can you query the tables or not or have the tables been dropped from the database?

If not you will need to restore from backup.

• Hi Anthony,

Thansk for the reply...

the table are not appearing how can i select the table..we dont know the table names

restore of the database is not prob

But my boss is asking what are reasons on this. what are prob on this ..please sugget me .

tx

• So you dont know the name of at least 1 table within the database without looking at it in object explorer?

Do you not have a DEV/TEST/UAT copy of the database where you can look at the schema to get a table?

Causes

Someone has dropped all the tables, corruption in the meta data, someone dropped the database and then recreated it without the objects. Could be a number of reasons.

What do you get from the output of

DBCC CHECKDB WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS, NO_INFOMSGS

Purchase an expensive log reader and get it to read your transaction logs, assuming your in Full recovery, you will be able to see what happened.

• shiv-356842 (7/25/2012)

Hi Team,

In Principal server user tables are not appearing, how can re-store the all the table please suggest me.

If objects have been dropped, there are chances you have entry in default server trace (Object:Deleted event).

Trace files are log_##.trc file located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Log

• and for some reason if you do not get that information from default trace ( if default trace was not running) you can follow steps from the following URL to find the same information.

http://www.sqlskills.com/BLOGS/PAUL/post/Finding-out-who-dropped-a-table-using-the-transaction-log.aspx

• Vikrant S Patil (7/25/2012)

and for some reason if you do not get that information from default trace ( if default trace was not running) you can follow steps from the following URL to find the same information.

http://www.sqlskills.com/BLOGS/PAUL/post/Finding-out-who-dropped-a-table-using-the-transaction-log.aspx

Using the [ url ]/[ /url ] IFCode shortcut (no spaces inside the square brackets) around a url makes it easy for others to check out the link without having to cut and paste the url.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply