Please recommend me some documents about SQL ?

• I am working with a new field, which is SQL, do you know about it? Reading documents over the Internet makes me unable to understand some parts. I am looking for some external documents and books, can you recommend them to me?

• There is a wide range of books available in the books section of the site which covers various topics.

But as the product is vast what particular areas are you looking for information in?

• In addition to books, you might look above, on the menu bar at the top of this web site, at the Stairways series. They provide a lot of structured learning on various topics, including a lot of the basics and fundamentals. For books, you do need to kind of focus a little. Exactly what do you need to learn. The SQL language itself? Database Management? Design? Development? Reporting? Analysis? Just saying SQL doesn't narrow it down at all.

----------------------------------------------------
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...
    Theodore Roosevelt

The Scary DBA
    Author of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd Edition
    Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Download the developer free version and start using it, in addition to the previous suggestions.

• On top of books, it may be beneficial to take some training courses.  There is a LOT of training available out there.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!

• Oh, and...

I can't believe I forgot this...

You can register for the Data Community Summit for free this year. Specifically, look at the Learning Pathways. They'll give you a lot of fundamentals in a very specific set of lesson plans.

I'd also look up SQLSaturday, DataSaturday, Data Weekender... others, for some free learning, mostly online these days, but probably going back to in-person events relatively soon, depending.

----------------------------------------------------
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...
    Theodore Roosevelt

The Scary DBA
    Author of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd Edition
    Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply