MSDE for SQL 2000?

• I'm probably asking a really stupid question but is there a new version of MSDE that's fully compatible with SQL2000 and if not what are my options going forward. I don't want to stay with SQL7 for this reason.

Pete Doyon

Pistol Pete

• There is a SQL 2000 version, same limitations. It's a 5 user (roughly) version.

From MSDN:

Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE)

MSDE is fully compatible with other editions of SQL Server and is available through various Microsoft products beyond SQL Server 2000 Enterprise, Standard, and Developer Editions. These include MSDN Universal and Office Developer Edition 10. MSDE is optimized for use as a stand-alone desktop database and does not require any CALs when used on a purely stand-alone basis. Redistribution rights exist for some versions of MSDE and can be found in the EULAs for the products mentioned above.

Customers using the Processor licensing model enjoy unlimited connections to the server running the licensed SQL Server. Customers using the Server/CAL (versus Per-Processor) licensing model must have a CAL dedicated to any device using MSDE—either in stand-alone form, or as part of one of the products mentioned above.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Thanks a bunch Steve!

Pete Doyon

Pistol Pete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply