MSBI career

• Hello Everyone,

I have 2.11 yrs of experience in SQL Server development and .Net too. Have more interest to Database side and hence learned MSBI(SSIS,SSRS,SSAS,MDX etc.),also know SQL Server DBA things well.

I want to move to MSBI side or SQL Server DBA. More comfortable with MSBI as its all about development. Can anyone suggest me which technology I should try for. Can I move to MSBI side? how about the present market job requirements for MSBI? need your guidance...

• Markets always welcome good skills both personal and technical. It's upto you to decide. When you say you are good you can measure how many issues you have resolved for customers in BI or database issues? Choose what;s best for you

Raunak J

• soumya.halder93 (11/28/2013)

Hello Everyone,

I have 2.11 yrs of experience in SQL Server development and .Net too. Have more interest to Database side and hence learned MSBI(SSIS,SSRS,SSAS,MDX etc.),also know SQL Server DBA things well.

I want to move to MSBI side or SQL Server DBA. More comfortable with MSBI as its all about development. Can anyone suggest me which technology I should try for. Can I move to MSBI side? how about the present market job requirements for MSBI? need your guidance...

My recommendation is to do what you like the most because, then, you'll be really good at it. There is always a market for good people no matter the technology.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply