Managing Assemblies

• Dear Community,
    An application that validates user accounts, using assemblies, IIS, etc. works fine.
    Lately, some problems has originated that validation get stuck, and the normal recovery procedure is
    recreate assemblies in SQL Server  and  then continue normal operation.
    But the  recovery process is seeing as the definitive solution, now, every time that there are the lesser problem,
    I need to recreate assemblies via TSQL.
    My manager, wants , I program a stored procedure with all the steps. I know that this is not the solution.
    I  will need to create assembly from .NET dll,  and some local C# code, inside a store procedue.
    I do not think that it is the better idea.
    Have any experienced some  similar situattion and how was fixed ?
    I am running to you looking for ideas and comfort.
    Thanks

• I'm not sure I understand the reason you need to keep recreating the assembly in SQL Server, but if you're just looking to avoid referencing the DLL file every time you need to recreate it and it is the same DLL, then you can actually script out the assembly into T-SQL.  when it has been setup once, in Object Explorer, under the database / Programmability / Assemblies, you can right click on the one you want, click Script assembly as / CREATE, and it will produce a CREATE ASSEMBLY statement with a long binary string for the actual content instead of needing the DLL.

• Good idea,
    Some CREATE ASSEMBLY STATEMENT comes with the long binary string, some without.
    Is this a normal behavior ?
    Yes, I want  to avoid, every time specify the same PATH and DLL
    Thanks again

• I'm not sure offhand why some would not script with the binary part, when I script mine through Object Explorer, they always come out like:
    CREATE ASSEMBLY [myAssemblyName]
    AUTHORIZATION [dbo]
    FROM 0x(binary_data_here)

• Hi,
    After collecting all the scripts, totalized 20mb scripts, very heavy object, I will need to deploy via SQLCMD.
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply