Maintenance cleanup task 0k button grayed out

• Recently added a new maintenance cleanup task to an instance (SQL Server 2008). While the task worked I decided that I wanted to reduce the number of files retained. While attempting to change the plan - I noticed the ok button was grayed out. After making the changes to the plan, the ok button was still grayed out, and my changes could not be saved.

Note that this was a standalone, it was not coupled with a backup task. I have not attempted to delete the cleanup task. Are there any suggestions or know issues with this?

Any comments / urls are appreciated - thank you.

• While I was not able to resolve - what I did as a work around - was to delete the job and re-create with the revised bak files I wanted retained. Couldn't help but notice that when maintenance cleanup was part of another job (with another task - i.e. backup), that you could modifiy a maintenance cleanup task.

Even with the new job however - I was not able to modify. That's it... Any additional comments are welcome.

Thanks.

• Slightly confused.

The maintenance task should be in an SSIS/Maintenance plan package. It isn't a job. The job would be the item that schedules and runs the package/plan.

Also, what changes did you make?

I created a plan with only the Maintenance Task, saved it, ran it, then went in and made changes. Worked fine for me.

• When I've had things like this happen to me in the past it's usually been caused by a dialogue box that has popped up behind the main window and is awaiting input. Might be worth minimising boxes and seeing if anything becomes apparent.

• This is what worked for me - SQL 2012: maintenance plan - properties of plan, properties of task opens properties window on the right. Was able to change settings here, when I was not able to change it in the graphical task itself.

• Thanks for the reply, @richardstern, that worked for me. 🙂

• This is an old thread, but what worked for me was editing the task name for some reason enabled the OK button.

• Renaming the Maintenance Plan helped me too. Grrrrrrazy ...

• Include star in file extensin:  worked for me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply