Limiting number of rows to be displayed per page

• Hi all,

Can I have some insight on how to limit the number of rows(x)to be displayed in Tablix per page regardless of the grouping inside and add a page break after that number of rows(x) ?

I have done some research about it and most of the article are talking about the simple tablix which doesn't have any grouping inside, and so can easily set row limit =CEILING(RowNumber(Nothing)/50) where 50 is the number of records to be displayed per page.

However my scenario is different I have two grouping inside. So, it makes complicated to limit the number of rows to be displayed per page.

Can it be achievable?

• Newbi - Friday, December 23, 2016 11:09 PM

Hi all,Can I have some insight on how to limit the number of rows(x)to be displayed in Tablix per page regardless of the grouping inside and add a page break after that number of rows(x) ?I have done some research about it and most of the article are talking about the simple tablix which doesn't have any grouping inside, and so can easily set row limit =CEILING(RowNumber(Nothing)/50) where 50 is the number of records to be displayed per page. However my scenario is different I have two grouping inside. So, it makes complicated to limit the number of rows to be displayed per page.Can it be achievable?

It is possible but can be difficult to incorporate.  You need to generate a group number in your dataset. 
    Row_Number() Over(Order By [SortingColumn]) / 50 AS GroupNum
    Use this column as your grouping value, setting a page break between values.  This should get you 50 rows per group. 
    Any groups inside of this group will be split across different parent groups.  That WILL affect your aggregates if you are doing any subtotals within a group.
    This will be even more complicated if you use a matrix.

Wes
    (A solid design is always preferable to a creative workaround)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply