Laptop Cooling Device with Docking Station

• Does anybody know of a cooling device that is big enough to cool a laptop that is attached to a docking station?

I have a Dell Precision that I use as my main computer at my home-office.  I've done some searching, but I've not been able to find anything to purchase, just Frankenstein DIY-types.

I can't believe that in this day and age, we don't have a mainstream, easy-to-find solution for this situation!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else.

• Sean Perkins - Monday, February 4, 2019 7:32 AM

Does anybody know of a cooling device that is big enough to cool a laptop that is attached to a docking station?

I have a Dell Precision that I use as my main computer at my home-office.  I've done some searching, but I've not been able to find anything to purchase, just Frankenstein DIY-types.

I can't believe that in this day and age, we don't have a mainstream, easy-to-find solution for this situation!?

I can't believe that in this day and age that laptops still have a cooling problem to begin with.  I've got an 8 year old VAIO that runs as cool as a cucumber.  The laptop from work (also a Dell and seems to be a nasty trait of Dell laptops) runs so hot that you can't comfortably use it on your lap

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden - Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:08 AM

Sean Perkins - Monday, February 4, 2019 7:32 AM

Does anybody know of a cooling device that is big enough to cool a laptop that is attached to a docking station?

I can't believe that in this day and age that laptops still have a cooling problem to begin with.  I've got an 8 year old VAIO that runs as cool as a cucumber.  The laptop from work (also a Dell and seems to be a nasty trait of Dell laptops) runs so hot that you can't comfortably use it on your lap

agreed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply