Kimball ETL Part 1 – Data Profiling via SSIS Data Flow

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Kimball ETL Part 1 – Data Profiling via SSIS Data Flow

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Ira Warren Whiteside[/font]

• Good article... 🙂

• Uuhhh.......Good read but I admit I am bad at understanding complicated SSIS packages.

SQL DBA.

• Great article Ira, and thnx for the link to the Tod McKenna's blog

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• Great article Ira, what sort of pricing are you looking at for your components?

TIA

Dave

• Dave,

We will be initiating a subscription pricing / flat fee model. My next article will demo how to duplicate the SSIS 2008 Quick Profile Viewer in SSIS 2005 with Excel 2007 as a presentation layer, with eiter the script component or our components. We are finalizing that this week.

We will also be offering several other components as part of a complete Data Quality Solution, Including Data Profiling, Data Cleansing amd Fuzzy Matching. Please send me an email(Contact Us) on http://www.actualitybusinessintelligence.com and I will send you our proposed pricing.

Thanks,

Ira

• Good article, but may I suggest having someone go through and edit it for proper spelling, grammar and clarity? I noticed that the same phrases were repeated one after another and the word "vale" was subplanted for the correct term "value."

Thank you for the knowledge transfer.

• Thanks for the critique, I will do a better job of editing in the next one.

Ira

• I would like to share the new Melissa Data SSIS Total Data Quality Toolkit TDQ-IT, including SSIS Data Profiling 2005/2008.

Melissa Data SSIS Total Data Quality Toolkit TDQ-IT offers a wide range of data transformation and cleansing functionality including data profiling, parsing, cleansing, matching and monitoring functionality built right in to SSIS. And, TDQ-IT leverages SSIS to provide a flexible, effective solution for your organization’s data quality and master data management (MDM) initiatives. Request a free trial today.

http://www.melissadata.com/dqt/total-data-quality-integration.htm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply