Jobs Fail after I change the sa password

• SQL 2005 SP2. I changed the sa password and my maintenance jobs (Backups) started to fail with - "Login failed for user 'sa'. Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 8". I changed the job owner, cycled the SQL Agent, but still got the error. I ended up having to delete my maintenance plan and recreate it.

Can someone please explain what's happening here?

thanks very very

Tim White

• I believe it stores the login data and password (encrypted). You'd need to update that.

I always set up an account named something like "SJobs" (yeah, there's a joke in that, but it actually stands for "SQL Jobs" in this case), which I use for scheduled jobs.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• i have faced the same days ago, i think i have changed every password that the agent uses, and update the service account and still know why it was so hard to do this, and i cant emagin what it would be when i change the sa password soon...

..>>..

MobashA

• The maintenance plans have their own connection information inside. If you select trusted connections, it should be ok, and then you can run SQLAgent under an account and it will use those credentials.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply