I/O is frozen on database [name]. Can I suppress these messages in the error log?

• I know what the messages mean and why they happen, but I'm sick of wading through them in the error log on instances that have a lot of databases on them (which happens a lot in our Dev environment). Is there a trace flag or anything that would let me mute this message, a bit like how trace flag 3226 prevents the logging of successful native backups?

Thanks

• Don't think you can supress this message, do you have VSS (Volume Shadowcopy Service) on the DB volumes?
    😎

• We do, yes. That's a shame- thanks. Our Dev backups are a bit of a mess (not controlled by me) and it's a pain to have to wade through really long log files to find the useful stuff.

• use xp_readErrorLog and filter them out
    I use variations on this:

Create Table #Errorlog
    (Logdate datetime,
    ProcessInfo varchar(50),
    LogText varchar(5000))

--Dump all the things into the table
    insert into #Errorlog
    EXEC sys.xp_readerrorlog
    0-- Current ERRORLOG
    ,1-- SQL ERRORLOG (not Agent)

--Query just like you would anything else:
    Select *
    from #Errorlog
    Where 1=1
    --and LogText like '(c) Microsoft Corporation%'
    and (LogText like '%Error%'or LogText like '%Fail%'--or LogText like '%SPN%'
    )
    And Logdate > getdate() -4
    And LogText Not Like '%CheckDB%'
    And LogText not like '%35262%'
    And LogText not like '%35250%'

--Clean up your mess, you weren't raised in a barn!
    Drop Table #Errorlog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Standing in the gap between Consultant and ContractorKevin3NFDallasDBAs.com/BlogWhy is my SQL Log File HUGE?!?![/url]The future of the DBA role...[/url]SQL Security Model in Plain English[/url]

• Thanks, Kevin.

It's so annoying because I like a tidy error log for when I'm doing ad hoc checks if somebody calls up, or whatever.

• Beatrix Kiddo - Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:42 AM

Thanks, Kevin.

It's so annoying because I like a tidy error log for when I'm doing ad hoc checks if somebody calls up, or whatever.

Yep...that's why I keep this handy in notepad 🙂   helps with morning checks against all prod servers at once as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Standing in the gap between Consultant and ContractorKevin3NFDallasDBAs.com/BlogWhy is my SQL Log File HUGE?!?![/url]The future of the DBA role...[/url]SQL Security Model in Plain English[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply