Ideas on resolving error — “VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA”.

• Jay Hammer

SSC Enthusiast

I figured out the source of my issues……

Since I was building my SSIS package from an existing package (similar use case, ETL data and export data to a business partner), SSIS in the Visual Studio IDE was using my local configuration values (server name and tables/SPs) at design time, but was using configuration values from the package’s XML configuration file when I was performing “design-time” execution tests.

Go figure…….:crazy:

• Phil Parkin

SSC Guru

Jay Hammer (4/21/2015)

I figured out the source of my issues......

Since I was building my SSIS package from an existing package (similar use case, ETL data and export data to a business partner), SSIS in the Visual Studio IDE was using my local configuration values (server name and tables/SPs) at design time, but was using configuration values from the package's XML configuration file when I was performing "design-time" execution tests.

Go figure.......:crazy:

Nasty. Get yourself onto SSIS 2012+ and say goodbye to those XML config files for ever!

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this [/url]link.

If the answer to your question can be found with a brief Google search, please perform the search yourself, rather than expecting one of the SSC members to do it for you.

Please surround any code or links you post with the appropriate IFCode formatting tags. It helps readability a lot.

• Jay Hammer

SSC Enthusiast

Phil Parkin (4/21/2015)

Nasty. Get yourself onto SSIS 2012+ and say goodbye to those XML config files for ever!

I would if I could, but the production server that I am working with is only SQL Server 2005, as we still have MS Access applications that are in use with no plan to replace and/or decommission.

• offer

Valued Member

pduplessis-723389 (10/1/2008)

This normally occurs if there has been a change to your schema, not to stress, just double click on your input and output and it should resolve itself

Thank you so much!

You just saved me a lot of time (and nerves) now.

• kgomescabral

Thanks, this solutiom help with my problem

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply