How to load xls & xlsx files in SSIS in one Data Flow Task

• Hello friends,

I have two excel files:

xls & xlsx format

These two sheets are of same structure.

I want to load those sheets using single DFT.

Please let me know how to develop the package.

Please mail me any suggestion or developed package on my mail id: mohammedaala@gmail.com

• Is there something specific that you are struggling with on this? For starters, you'll need two sources in your data flow (one per file) and then you can merge the sources into one pipeline. No one here will likely create this for you and email it to you, but we're all happy to help as you encounter issues/challenges with your development.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Clarification needed: Are you loading 2 files at the same time, or are you loading 1 file that might be in a different format different times?

I.e.: Do you have an xls file AND and xlsx file at the same time? Or do you have an xls file OR an xlsx file, and you need it to load just 1 of them at a time?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• If one data source for 2 files then you need to look at Multicasting which allows you to feed multiple destinations with the same source subject to structures being identical or sharing commonality in one or multiple fields

If this is for different data sources feeding different file formats then you can combine in one data flow or separate based on performance but as others have asked, you'll need to specify what exactly you need done.

Thanks

• Hi Friend,

I get the files sometimes both sometimes in alternate days.

For say today I received xls file and xlsx files and tomorrow I may receive either of them.

Which ever files type loaded into folder it should load the files into target.

Thanks

• Two data flow tasks. Each with a "check for the file" step, or a "for each" loop for the file type.

Keep it simple.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply