How to execute a Main-Sub report multiple times in SSRS 2017

• I have an SSRS 2017 report that consists of a main report and several sub reports. This report is published to the SSRS Portal, and then called by a web application. The report currently accepts one parameter from the web application, i.e. Case ID. My task is to allow the report to access multiple Case IDs, and executed for each Case ID. Let's say, I pass Case-100 and Case-101 to the report, the outcome would be something like this: The main report followed by Sub-Report-A-Case-100, Sub-Report-A-Case-101, Sub-Report-B-Case-100, and Sub-Report-B-Case-101, so on and so forth. The ideal scenario would be The Main report followed by Sub-Report-A-Case-100, Sub-Report-B-Case-100, Sub-Report-A-Case-101, etc.

Since the report is called from a web application, I cannot use data-driven subscription features. What other options do I have?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• You should be able to do this by utilising a tablix and putting the sub reports in separate rows of the repeating group and put the main report in the group header. Set the sub report parameter to pass case id from a dataset.

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply