How to change the ownership of Maintenance plan?

• When we create Maintenance plan on SQL Server, by default the jobs are owned by the Windows login. After creating the maintenace plan is there way to change the ownership.

Sivaprasad S - [ SIVA ][/url]http://sivasql.blogspot.com/[/url]

• Hi,

You may go to the Job being created by that Maintenance plan and there go to the Job properties. Under 'General' Tab, you will find a field 'Owner'. Change it to the desired name.Click 'Apply'--> OK

----------------------------------------------------------------
    **"There is only one difference between dream and aim. Dream requires Soundless sleep to see…Where as Aim Requires Sleepless Efforts to Achieve":-) **

• Is there a way to set job ownership in a maintenance plan to a group, instead of a single account?

• Yes - You can setup a job to use a Windows group.

• Actually, we tried that, but we got an error. Can you post some sample syntax?

• You can just change the owner on the Job Properties screen to domain_name\group_name. Of course the group has to have the correct server role - i.e. sysadmin.

We don't use groups for job ownership, but it can be done. Although, I'm not sure why you'd want to.

• shew (3/23/2010)

Actually, we tried that, but we got an error

post your error

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply