How can i recover my table

• Please provide best possible solutions

Malleswarareddy
    I.T.Analyst
    MCITP(70-451)

• Solutions for what? Explain the situation, explain what happened, explain what you've done so far please.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • It depends so much on what you have available. There are lots of things you can do, but without knowing what you have, what the situation is... There's no way of saying for sure.

Shortest possbile answer, go to the backup and restore it.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• " Hi i have a full back up of database.unfrtunately my collegue drop table.my transaction log is truncated.but i have a table in full backup.then how can i recover only particular table from backup without restoring the entire back up...."

I don't know why the above "description" text only displays in the thread list, not inside the thread. OP, It would be better to give details in the thread, not just in the "description".

Anyway .... Restore the entire database using a different name ... ie restore "MyDatabase" as "MyDatabase_20110109" or similar temporary name.

Then copy the table from "MyDatabase_20110109" to "MyDatabase".

If you used a 3rd party backup tool, some of them have "Object Level Recovery" that allows you to recover just the table without having to restore the entire database.

• True. Something like Red Gate's Virtual Restore allows you to access the data on a backup directly without even restoring the database.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• If restore the entire database with other name that is difficult its big database contains 360 gb.

so restore entire dtabase is not possible.I want to restore only one table from full database.by the way i do not have tranaaction log its truncated.how can i restore the only one table from full back up without using third party tools.

Malleswarareddy
    I.T.Analyst
    MCITP(70-451)

• You can't. SQL only allows for full, filegroup or file-based restores, not object-level restores. For object restores you need a 3rd party tool, like the ones mentioned above.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • And remove your colleague's rights to DROP TABLE:exclamationmark:

• malleswarareddy_m (1/11/2011)

If restore the entire database with other name that is difficult its big database contains 360 gb.

so restore entire dtabase is not possible.I want to restore only one table from full database.by the way i do not have tranaaction log its truncated.how can i restore the only one table from full back up without using third party tools.

You seem to want a lot here without giving out any effort. As has been said, 3rd party tools can do this (Redgate, ApexSQL, Idera) and if the table is important a few hundred dollars for a tool should be trivial. Or you can find the room SOMEWHERE to restore the database and extract the table. You can purchase 1TB external USB drive for what, $100 or less. Might take a while but you will be able to get your data back. This isn't a difficult OR expensive problem.

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

• The 3rd party backup tools "object recovery" would only work if the current backup was taken by them. You can't use them after-the-fact. I know Idera's is very easy to use. Not sure about others.

• homebrew01 (1/14/2011)

The 3rd party backup tools "object recovery" would only work if the current backup was taken by them. You can't use them after-the-fact. I know Idera's is very easy to use. Not sure about others.

Nope. Red Gate Virtual Restore works with native backup files.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Grant Fritchey (1/14/2011)

homebrew01 (1/14/2011)

The 3rd party backup tools "object recovery" would only work if the current backup was taken by them. You can't use them after-the-fact. I know Idera's is very easy to use. Not sure about others.

Nope. Red Gate Virtual Restore works with native backup files.

I did not know that Grant. More reason to try and get their product. 😎

[font="Courier New"]____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Remember as you walk down lifes road, don't forget to stop and pee on the bushes - Thordog
    [/font]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply