Have you experienced a serious data breach as a DBA?

• Please share a (real) story of how you or your company detected data breach. After all, we are supposed to be the guardian of our precious data. Thanks.

• I'd be surprised if anyone answered this request with an actual example.  If it happened to someone, they're already embarrassed enough.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Although I think I should be responsible for data security, I am not being charged with security side of things at all at work. So I can't help but think, how do I know that my data is not being stolen right now? How do I know that our web site is not being used by hackers to siphon data directly out of my database. Hence the question.

I retract my request for 'real' story. Any story would do. In The Tao of Network Security Monitoring, author Richard Bejtlich told a story about detecting intrusion accidentally when the sound of web mp3 music became choppy while he was at work. It was a fansinating story. So I wonder if I would hear similar ones here from the DBA crowd.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply