Happy Holidays

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Happy Holidays

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Merry Christmas to all!

One minor nit Grant- the original Thin Man (1934) featured Myrna Loy and Maureen O'Sullivan (not O'hara).

• We also watch Miracle on 34th Street, with Natalie Wood, Maureen O'Hara, John Payne and Edmund Gwenn, in black and white (the best way to watch it). Note: Edmund Gwenn won a Best Actor in a Supporting Role Oscar for playing Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street.

We also enjoy watching those "Hallmark Christmas" movies on Netflix.

And like you, Grant, we enjoy watching the first The Thin Man movie, which takes place over the Christmas holiday. Note, however, that it wasn't Maureen O'Hara that was in that film, but Maureen O'Sullivan. Still, The Thin Man is an incredibly good film even today, given the fact that it was released in 1934.

I'll mention one more, that isn't a Christmas related movie, but a New Year's Day related movie. The next Thin Man movie starring William Powell and Myrna Loy, is After the Thin Man. This is, in my opinion, the best of the Thin Man movie series starring William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles. It takes place over the New Year's Day holiday. And it stars a very young Jimmy Stewart in one of his earliest roles.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Happy, Blessed, and Safe Holidays to all the SQL Team.  OK, to all of you...

• Merry Christmas to all.

Movie traditions:

• National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    • Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    • The Hallmark channel
    • The Lifetime channel
    • Its a Wonderful Life

Grant, I agree with Miracle on 34th, I have not watched the others you mentioned.

Bill Soranno
    MCP, MCTS, MCITP DBA
    Database Administrator
    Winona State University
    Maxwell 143

"Quality, like Success, is a Journey, not a Destination" - William Soranno '92

• Rod at work wrote:

We also watch Miracle on 34th Street, with Natalie Wood, Maureen O'Hara, John Payne and Edmund Gwenn, in black and white (the best way to watch it). Note: Edmund Gwenn won a Best Actor in a Supporting Role Oscar for playing Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street.

We also enjoy watching those "Hallmark Christmas" movies on Netflix.

And like you, Grant, we enjoy watching the first The Thin Man movie, which takes place over the Christmas holiday. Note, however, that it wasn't Maureen O'Hara that was in that film, but Maureen O'Sullivan. Still, The Thin Man is an incredibly good film even today, given the fact that it was released in 1934.

I'll mention one more, that isn't a Christmas related movie, but a New Year's Day related movie. The next Thin Man movie starring William Powell and Myrna Loy, is After the Thin Man. This is, in my opinion, the best of the Thin Man movie series starring William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles. It takes place over the New Year's Day holiday. And it stars a very young Jimmy Stewart in one of his earliest roles.

I wrote it quickly and wasn't paying attention. You are of course perfectly correct. Love those movies.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I would just like to add that if Die Hard is a Christmas film, so is Batman Returns which is on my watch list this Christmas.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• I like to try and watch each of these this time of year:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

A Christmas Story

Scrooged

Elf

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply