General Feedback on The Voice of the DBA podcasts

• Thanks and glad you like them. Bloopers tend to come out on the holidays, so look for a Labor Day edition!

I'll ping Everyday Jones, but I suspect that they don't want to maintain multiple sites and you'll have to check them at home. I would like to get some links to their music you can purchase, so I'll see if I can set them up.

Advice? Post in the other forums. Lots of smart people out there happy to help.

Guest editorials - Happy to have them. I get some written ones, but the videos haven't shown up. As an FYI, I'm not a big fan of contests. They're a pain to administer and I hate judging.

If you want to send some in, feel free. As long as they're clean and professional, happy to run some.

• Hi Steve!

I found the podcast a few months ago while searching on iTunes and have been enjoying it. Been watching for some time. I have a comment about the show and then a general question about SQL.

First, what made you decide to do a video podcast? It seems from the content that you could get away with doing an audio podcast only. If you were showing screenshots or something like that, I could understand having a video. Maybe that's something for the future?

Secondly, what resources would you recommend for someone who wants/needs to become a DBA? I've been a developer for some time, but it looks like the company I work for will want me to move more into that role.

Thanks again for the show and for the forum.

Make it a great day!

Daniel Johnson, Jr.,

Cincinnati, Ohio

• Daniel,

not really sure. Just thought it would be fun. The set does move around sometimes here at the ranch, so sometimes those can be fun. Plus no bloopers without video! :w00t:

There are some good places for general DBA resources. I'd move that question to one of the career forums. Lots of people have answered similar things.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Administration/61319/

• The video is important for no other reason than to poke fun at Steve for wearing Wahoo (that's "University of Virginia" for the uninitiated) paraphernalia. Go Hokies!!! (That's "Virginia Tech" for those of you hiding under a rock!)

😀 😛 😀

• Just for that, look for UVA wear tomorrow!

• 11/29/2008: VT - 17, UVA - 14

Tech knocks off UVa to claim ACC's Coastal crown

• I know it wasn't your intention, but the name of the podcasts "incompetech" makes me think of "incompetence."

• I need to move the image. There's no name of Incompetech for the podcasts. It's the music sponsor.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply