Formula for Totals Row

• Dear Group:

For some reason, I am having a very hard time with how to get the totals for a calculated column and display it in the Totals Row.

I am trying to build an SSRS report that has a column based on a percentage:

AgentSales   AgentCommission       Commission

20                   .25                                 5 (20 * .25)

33                   .12                                3.96 (33 * .12)

46                   .76                                34.96 (46 * .76)

Totals:   99                                                              [Unknown Calculation]

However, where I am having problems is I need to get what would be the totals column?  How would I calculate the Commission so that the number shown in [Unknown Calculation] to display what I assume would be the average commission?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  AMCiti.
  • Quick guess (as I don't have SSRS open in front of me), could you do something like add the Commission column to be calculated on the SQL side and then do a SUM on that to get the total?

Could try to do a SUM(AgentSales * AgentCommission), but offhand I am not certain that would work.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply