Foreach loop container not getting executed

• Hi,

I am executing an SSIS package which directly jumps from a script task to the very end of the package without executing the For each loop container.

I have checked the properties and the all the tabs in the Foreach loop Editor and all seems to be okay.
    The package starts the execution and then after completing the tasks in the Sequence container it skips the Foreach loop container and directly goes to the very last task in the Sequence container and completes the run.
    Does anybody have any idea or suggestions what could be the reason behind this issue please ? Thanks.

• pwalter83 - Friday, October 12, 2018 5:22 AM

Hi,

I am executing an SSIS package which directly jumps from a script task to the very end of the package without executing the For each loop container.

I have checked the properties and the all the tabs in the Foreach loop Editor and all seems to be okay.
    The package starts the execution and then after completing the tasks in the Sequence container it skips the Foreach loop container and directly goes to the very last task in the Sequence container and completes the run.
    Does anybody have any idea or suggestions what could be the reason behind this issue please ? Thanks.

It's difficult without seeing the package, but a couple of ideas:

1) The container is disabled
    2) The FOREACH enumerator is empty (ie, no items found to loop over)

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Friday, October 12, 2018 6:34 AM

pwalter83 - Friday, October 12, 2018 5:22 AM

Hi,

It's difficult without seeing the package, but a couple of ideas:

1) The container is disabled
    2) The FOREACH enumerator is empty (ie, no items found to loop over)

Thanks Phil. Its working now, there was some weird issue with it not accepting the .xlsx file extension in the collections tab.

• pwalter83 - Friday, October 12, 2018 7:32 AM

Thanks Phil. Its working now, there was some weird issue with it not accepting the .xlsx file extension in the collections tab.

Good stuff.

We're in IT. Weird issues are a fact of life 🙂

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply