Finding Thanks

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Finding Thanks

• My wife and I won't be traveling to visit this Thanksgiving or Christmas. We're both in high-risk categories and COVID-19 cases are rising in South Carolina. Nor will we be dining out like we have in years past; our governor has allowed restaurants to return 100% occupancy. I turned down an invitation from my brother for Thanksgiving dinner; there are multiple households that will be there.  We'll be declining a Christmas invitation from Paula's brother; with their sons' families and grown grandchildren, the risk from multiple households is too risky.

We can be thankful for the eleven years of joy and companionship that our Beagles, Zeus and Athena, have provided. But we will be focused on the difficult decision for Athena. Her date will be next Monday or this Friday depending... We still have our four-year old, River, and she handled the loss of Zeus last month; but she has a huge separation anxiety without them. I think having River present for Zeus helped the adjustment.

"Let's be careful out there."

Sergeant Phil Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues, 1981-1984

• It's not often that I say this out loud but now seems like a good time.  Thank you Steve Jones for being one of the people that started this site so very long ago and for keeping it going after Red Gate acquired it.  You're the best.

Thank you to all the folks that have posted both questions and answers on this site.  I can think of no place else where one can find such an awesome and continuous collection of real world problems and some truly amazing answers and discussions (which many other sites discourage) that have been both educational and inspirational.

My thanks isn't casual.  Rather, it's meant to be rather profound because it has helped me in more ways than I can count and THAT is the reason why I'm able to continue my job at home during this Covid problem and stay safe, which is especially important for people like me because I'm in a couple of the high-risk categories.

Thank all of you for what you do and have done and thank a lot of you for extending your reach by actively participating in online events and those that put their shoulders to the wheel to make them possible.  You're all unsung heroes that deserve more recognition for helping keep this community alive and absolutely vibrant.

I wish you and yours the best.

And thank you again, Steve.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• You are welcome, and thank you for the kind words. Hope you're well and have a great holiday.

• Steve, I am very thankful for your coping tips. They have meant a lot to me. When we passed the 6 months of this pandemic, I didn't think much of it. But now we've dragged into 8 months, I've begun to realize just how much stress everyone in my family and I are experiencing. Your coping tips help to deal with that stress. Thank you.

I'm very thankful for my wife and our children. We're all together.

I could go on, but I want to make this short. I am also very thankful that I have been able to work from home for the first time, ever, in my career. This is a HUGE deal to me.

To all people here who live in the US, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply