Dynamic destinations

• Hi all. I've been looking thought the forum but haven't quite seen this one...or haven't figure out how to search for it.

I need to be able to have a variable destination. In the middle of my package, I have a Foreach that walks a recordset, grabbing a parameter value, calling a stored procedure, generating an output. Part of that Foreach recordset (all of which is assigned to variables...each column to a unique variable name) is an indicator telling me what type of output to generate...CSV, XLS, TXT, XML.

What I want to do is dynamically modify/create the destination based on those values. Because the value is in a variable, I can't use a conditional split. And at the point the conditional split would make sense, I'd have to read the output requirement again if I can't use the variable.

So what's a boy to do?

------------
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -- Hunter S. Thompson

• You can access variables in a conditional split transformation.

• hi even i am also facing scenario some thing like this.

i have 10 csv in a folder. so i need to load all the data of 10 csv to different table.

What i have tried is:

i used FOR EACH LOOP container to read all the 10 csv files... but its loading all the data of 10 csv files to single table.

please let me know if there are any ways to do it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply