Domain migration and Reporting services 2005 security

• We are in the process of moving from domain a to domain b, afterwards we will be severing all links to domain a.

The users (and groups) are being migrated with SID history, and, in Reporting services they are showing as domain b\group1 etc (they were originally assigned rights as domain a\group1) even though I have not made any changes to the security in Reporting services.

If a user has not been migrated to the new domain, they have no access to any of the reports. Post migration, users have access to most (but not always all) of their original reports.

I cannot add anything as domain b\groupx as I get the error stating that the role already exists.

Has anyone had experience of this before, and if so what was the result after moving totally to the new domain (no problem ,a few problems or late nights with a vat of coffee)?

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• For the sake of completeness (and maybe reference for others).

The AD objects were migrated with SID history and nothing untowards happened 😀

All users were still able to see all the reports that they could before-hand.

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply