Discuss Content Posted By [Author's name here]

• There are lots of forums entitled "Discuss Content Posted By [Author's name]".  Since there are lots of SSC authors, and (hopefully) many more added as time goes by, it may be a bit much to list each one individually on the Forums home page, especially since many of those have zero threads. 

Maybe have a forum for Article Discussions, and a thread for each article?  Or perhaps only list those authors whose forums have had recent activity? 

It's just a minor thing, but it does clutter up the main Forums page.

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• We've always had them, but we hid them from the main pages.

I'll add this to the list since I tend to agree it's a lot of forums. It was mainly for authors, but not sure if they use them at all. We could do to one forum for all articles.

• I think only a forum with all the thread that have had any recent activity would do the trick.  I don't see the need to have a forum for each poster that ever wrote for SSC.  Can you imagine a page with 600 authors after a few more years of usage.  I wouldn't want to try to manually dig through those.

• Agreed on the # of forums dedicated to the individual authors. Perhaps a separate page would be more valuable, but even then - the # of authors will get daunting pretty quickly.

I wondered why the forum page was so large when it had not been previously. 🙂

Overall, the new look/feel is pretty cool. I haven't tested my briefcase yet, though - that was the area that just wouldn't work in the old site (despite logging out, clearing cookies, etc).

-Pete

• Ya I imagine that scenario... remember that article that I read 3 months ago by a guy.... that would be a fun search to run manually / visually :hehe:.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply