Difference in row-size between what was expected and what was — can anyone explain please?

I'll wait for the OP to post the results from the actual system (as I'm not interested in generics, I could have run it locally if I was)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster - Friday, August 11, 2017 6:49 AM

Record Type = PRIMARY_RECORD Record Attributes = NULL_BITMAP VERSIONING_INFO

It's the row version pointer. 14 bytes in size.
    ...snapshot isolation ...  etc. etc.

Hello All,
    The dump was a dump on my installation.  The actual dump should be made on the installation of the topic starter.
    The topic starter could have a totaly different system. (I only give the code to make the dump and the dump AS IS).

So no conclusions should be taken this dump. Except that my rowlength was 40.
    Have a good weekend,
    Ben

• Hi Gail,

I ran this code (with thanks to P. Randal for an explanation as to what DBCC PAGE did [1]). The results from the DBCC PAGE are attached below.
    dbcc traceon(3604);                    -- turn on trace flag 3604
    dbcc page( gosh, 1, 3460, 3 );     -- page dump of the penultimate page (or part thereof)
    dbcc traceoff(3604);                    -- turn off trace flag 3604
    dbcc tracestatus(3604);              -- confirm trace flag status

Thanks again for your help,
    Sean.
    [1] https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlserverstorageengine/2006/06/10/how-to-use-dbcc-page/

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply