Database stuck in encryption_state 5 percent_complete 0

• Steps I've tried:
    Restarting the decryption

dbcc checkdb (no corruption left.. although there was previously corruption which is why I'm decrypting it .. TDE seems to a cause a ton of corruption in our environment)

dbcc checkfilegroup ('Primary') (there is only one file group no corruption found .. this was inspired by somebody fixing this issue when they found corruption in unwritten parts of the filegroup) 

Taking a checkpoint to clear the log as it was suggested somewhere else that the log being encrypted/decrypted might cause this to hang.

bouncing the instance and trying to restart the decryption. 
    using DBCC TRACEON(5004) GO;  DBCC TRACEOFF(5004) GO;

... after each of these steps I checked the decryption.. still stuck at encryption_state 5 percent_complete 0

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Welp.. Never mind.. apparently it can't decrypt while in single user mode, I guess because I'm one user and the server is a second user;) Sorry, I'm still a noob at this.

• oogibah - Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:50 PM

Steps I've tried:
    Restarting the decryption

dbcc checkdb (no corruption left.. although there was previously corruption which is why I'm decrypting it .. TDE seems to a cause a ton of corruption in our environment)

dbcc checkfilegroup ('Primary') (there is only one file group no corruption found .. this was inspired by somebody fixing this issue when they found corruption in unwritten parts of the filegroup) 

Taking a checkpoint to clear the log as it was suggested somewhere else that the log being encrypted/decrypted might cause this to hang.

bouncing the instance and trying to restart the decryption. 
    using DBCC TRACEON(5004) GO;  DBCC TRACEOFF(5004) GO;

... after each of these steps I checked the decryption.. still stuck at encryption_state 5 percent_complete 0

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nice job of finding the tweaks for that issue!
    I've seen dbcc checkdb clean when finding suspect pages in the DMV in msdb. Did you check msdb.dbo.suspect_pages?

Sue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply