Database Mirroring Failover

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Database Mirroring Failover

• Thank you Steve, nice easy question 🙂

M&M

• Nice Question Steve!!

• Nice and easy one.

Thanks,

Steve

• Easy point this morning - thanks Steve

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Steve, this one was very easy :-), still 17 % got it wrong when I answered this...so those folks got to learn something though..

• good and easy question!!!

thanks Steve!

[font="Times New Roman"]rfr.ferrari[/font]
    DBA - SQL Server 2008
    MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
    the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!
  • This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Nice easy one today.

But the 17% mentioned above has gone up to 22% now.

Surprised that 60 people (22%) so far got it wrong; even people who don't know the answer should have been able to apply simple reasoning to see which of the four options has to have a witness. (Maybe seeing some of the bizarre decisions made by the designers of SQL/T-SQL discourages people from trying to use logic to get the answer?)

Tom

• Easy enough (and straight forward) that I thought it was Monday. Thanks Steve!

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Thanks for the straightfroward question. I needed the point.

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/

• I read it a few times trying to find the trick.

Apparently not a "ah ha! gotcha!" question.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• L' Eomot Inversé (10/13/2011)

Nice easy one today.

But the 17% mentioned above has gone up to 22% now.

Surprised that 60 people (22%) so far got it wrong; even people who don't know the answer should have been able to apply simple reasoning to see which of the four options has to have a witness. (Maybe seeing some of the bizarre decisions made by the designers of SQL/T-SQL discourages people from trying to use logic to get the answer?)

Simple reasoning indeed. Half of the answer was given in the question immediately eliminating any options that did not say "High Safety" then it becomes pretty easy after that.

Still sitting at 22% incorrect though with 97 respondents answering incorrectly.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• nice question - tks

• Thanks for the question Steve.

It was one of those nice ones where I knew the answer, but thought, hmmm, is there a trick to this.

Made me think a little, but I got it right, guess I should trust my gut feeling a little more.

Nic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply