Database going to Recovery, while accessible.

• one of the 3rd Party DB's is going to recovery state. Whithout any reason I could find.

The log shows one DBCC CHECKDB after another is running on that database.

Strange, I can access and query the db in ssms.

I did repair_rebuild and it is working again, but after some time the problem arises again.

Any ideas on this?

• Turned out, the database had AUTO_CLOSE on. and Backup with veeam caused the troubles.

• Auto close is a pain. Happy you fixed it.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• @JohnyRotten,

Wow.  I've never actually heard of any third party (nor anyone else, for that matter) using auto-close on a database before.  Thanks for taking the time to post what you found.  It's proof positive that it does happen in real life.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• yepp, it was my fault to not check the db for policies. It was a software called TCPCM by Siemens (!) checking the database for invalid objects, i found a few stored procs with invalid table references... seems to be a product of quality  O_o.

I learned to take extra care whenever I have to permit an installer to create a database...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply