Configuring SQL Min/Max Memory

• I have just reconfigured my server's memory from SQL Server Management Studio. I have actually reduced our 17GB server and gave 12218MB(previously 16812MB) to SQL and 8126MB(previously 2133MB) to the OS

The thing I am confused about is do I need to reboot the server if I do this?

If not, do we need to reboot the server while increasing the memory?

When I run sp_configure, I could see the changes taking place, but I am not sure does it really take effect without rebooting?

[font="Verdana"]Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein[/font]

• You do not need to reboot the server if you change your memory with the use of this command

Sp_configure 'max server memory',value

GO

Reconfigure with override

• Thats good to know. But even when I did your way and my way, after running sp_configure to see the changes, they are exactly the same. How can we really be sure that the server has already taken the new configuration.

Either ways, thanks for your script. I will follow yours for my production server so that I don't have to reboot!

[font="Verdana"]Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply