Conditional Stop of Azure SSIS Integration Runtime

• If you use SSIS on Azure, you'll know that you get charged for all of the time that the SSIS IR is running.

So I have created Data Factory pipelines to turn the SSIS IR on and off when needed.

But, just in case I forget, or something goes wrong, I'd like to create a trigger to run the 'Stop SSIS IR' pipeline at some time in the evening - let's say 7pm - every day.

As it stands, this pipeline errors out if the SSIS IR is already stopped.

What is the best way of adding some conditional logic to the DF pipeline which means that nothing happens if the SSIS IR is already stopped?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• You should be able to do this from a Logic App which would allow you to handle the error that the IR is already stopped.  The Logic App could use the REST API directly just like I assume your current Stop pipleline does.

• Good thought. You are correct about my current use of the REST API. Will have a go at this at some point.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply