Cant iterate to the next account

• Hi All,

I've seem to have a brain cramp and can't get this to stored procedure to work:

My problem is I can't remember how to reset the variables to iterate to the next value for example:

IF @acctno != @last_acctno

IF @i != @last_i

How do I evaluate the previous value with the new value??

Thanks in Advance

CREATE    PROCEDURE spc_storedprocedure

(

@TableName   VARCHAR(20),

@TopValue       VARCHAR(10)

)

AS

DECLARE @Error      INT

SET NOCOUNT ON

BEGIN

DECLARE

@acctno   INT,

@i       VARCHAR(14),

@no             FLOAT

DECLARE

@sSQL                       VARCHAR(8000),

@sCursor        VARCHAR(8000),

@last_acctno            INT,

@last_i VARCHAR(10)

SET @sSQL = ''

SET @sSQL =            'SELECT DISTINCT

acctno,

i,

no

FROM '          

+ RTRIM(@TableName) +

' ORDER BY acctno, i;'

SET @sCursor = ''

SET @sCursor = 'DECLARE VARCursor CURSOR FOR ' + @sSQL

EXEC(@sCursor)

OPEN VARCursor

FETCH NEXT FROM VARCursor INTO @acctno,@i,@no

WHILE(@@FETCH_STATUS = 0)

BEGIN

IF @i != @last_i

PRINT @acctno      

-- Will be executing another sp passing params vars                                                                                                                             

FETCH NEXT FROM VARCursor INTO @acctno, @i, @no

END

CLOSE VARCursor

DEALLOCATE VARCursor

END

SET @Error = @@ERROR

IF @Error <> 0

BEGIN

RETURN @Error

END

RETURN @Error

GO

• Base don what I see so far, for your first time through you are going to execute your code in the IF's.  After executing you need to Set @last_acctno = @acctno and Set @last_i = @i then do your FETCH_NEXT.  Like this:

WHILE(@@FETCH_STATUS = 0)

BEGIN

BEGIN

IF @i != @last_i

BEGIN

PRINT @acctno     

-- Will be executing another sp passing params vars                                                                                                                              

Set @last_acctno = @acctno

Set @last_i = @i

END

END

FETCH NEXT FROM VARCursor INTO @acctno, @i, @no

END

• Thanks,

This works

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply