Cannot Create Full Text Index

• For some reason, I cannot create a full text index or catalog using SLQ Server 2005. I mark the database files as "use full text Indexing" and when I try to create an index on any table in any database on the server I get the following error:

Execution of full text operation failed. "No such interface supported" (Microsoft SQL server. Error:7689). The account I am logged in under has the dbowner role. In the past, I was able to create full text indexes on this server (which is on my development workstation). I do not know if an upgrade somewhere along the line fouled my sqlserver 2005 installation. Below are the versions I am using.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio9.00.3042.00

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 2005.090.3042.00

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)2000.085.1117.00 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Microsoft MSXML2.6 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.832

Operating System 5.1.2600

I would appreciate ANY help on this issue. Thanks

• I fixed the problem by uninstalling the Full Text Engine from the DB engine, (control Panel), then I reinstalled the FT Engine. Dunno why I lost it in the first place but the darned service was running when I was getting the error. Anyhow, this solution works for anyone else having this problem.

• Hi kmdavisjr

I am having the same issue you experienced with the full text catalog in SQL 2005 i.e. 'No interface supported' even though the service appears to be running.

How did you uninstall and reinstall the Full text service only? It does not appear in the control panel add.remove programs for me.

Did you have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the database engine?

Thanks

• I believe I got it running again by uninstalling the database engine and then reinstalling it.

• Thanks kmdavisjr I will give that a go.

• This is an old post but it doesn't seem to have a conclusive answer.

I am having the same problem when trying to create a Full Text catalog. Execution of a full-text operation failed. 'No such interface supported'

I am using SQL 2005 Developer addition 64 bit SP4 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I have reviewed every post I could find on the interent and have tried every suggestion I could.

I even did a complete uninstall of SQL, including manually removing leftover directories and registry entries relating to SQL. And then a complete reinstall.

The SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('IsFullTextInstalled') command returns 1

The problem remains!

I have another install of SQL Developer on a Windows XP machine and the Create Full Text catalog works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply