Are the posted questions getting worse?

• BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

I am 90% sure that I will be going to sqlbits in April, anyone else know if they will be there?

I submitted sessions today. Fingers crossed I get picked to speak.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

I am 90% sure that I will be going to sqlbits in April, anyone else know if they will be there?

If you do, can I approach you and say "hello I am BlobEater"? Or is that slightly weird? πŸ˜€

• I've just registered for the Saturday. Thanks for the reminder!

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

Grant Fritchey (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

If you do, can I approach you and say "hello I am BlobEater"? Or is that slightly weird? πŸ˜€

Not at all. That's how we all do it.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

Submitting later this week, hopefully will get selected this year.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

If I see you I owe you a coffee for reading my stuff... I think you like coffee?!

GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

If I see you I owe you a coffee for reading my stuff... I think you like coffee?!

Coffee!!!!

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

Coffee!!!!

I am boring just like my coffee. Black no milk or sugar. I definitely do not like the Christmas drinks i.e. toffee nut latte with syrup on the top - talk about sweet!

GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

Coffee!!!!

I am boring just like my coffee. Black no milk or sugar. I definitely do not like the Christmas drinks i.e. toffee nut latte with syrup on the top - talk about sweet!

Mmm, coffee raw, straight, and uncut, the only way to drink it...

At home on the weekends I'm currently working through a bag of Kicking Horse coffee, the 454 Horsepower stuff. Got that bag and a bag of their Smartass coffee as a gift...

• Finally. Gone for a week and trying 1) find the last post I read in "The Tread" 2) read new threads when work permits.

I may not post much, but I do read the various threads.

Thanks to all posters as I am learning things every day.

• When looking through a long, complex stored proc that was written by someone else, I find it soooo helpful to see approximately one third of all the code commented out, presumably because it was not required. Now that's future-proofing, right there. Thank you, previous coder; may your commented-out code someday rise again.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

I've been chosen to present a 400-level precon on execution plans. So yes, I will be there. πŸ™‚

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• SQL Bits - registered for the Saturday.

Fairly sure I can't make it for the week days.

Hugo congrats on the training day / pre con

Coffee... um... coffee! currently have some Monsoon Malabar beans at home. Will good to have some in the morning, the hotel over the weekend had just about acceptable coffee πŸ™

Very odd being at a hotel the weekend before Christmas and no thanks being there for that! Sadly the concert on the Saturday had been cancelled and I had no backup! So went out and found a very nice chippy.

The Friday and Sunday gigs were very good though. Steve H from Marillion with his almost annual Christmas gig. Including bring your own bauble to put on the tree... Which I always forget about! and Seth Lakeman bringing a bit of Christmas tinged modern folk!

So Gail and Grant are submitting sessions to Bits. Hugo I assume you will be submitting regular sessions? Any other Threadizens going to put sessions up?

Oh and Jim Broadbent checked into the hotel Saturday night as I was trying to dodge the revellers! Well I'm pretty sure it was him

Cheers,

Rodders.

• rodjkidd (12/19/2016)

Hugo I assume you will be submitting regular sessions?

Already did.

And thanks for the congrats!

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• jasona.work (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

GilaMonster (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

Coffee!!!!

Mmm, coffee raw, straight, and uncut, the only way to drink it...

At home on the weekends I'm currently working through a bag of Kicking Horse coffee, the 454 Horsepower stuff. Got that bag and a bag of their Smartass coffee as a gift...

I like mine with just a touch of diesel oil floating on top. Reminds me of the "good ol days" onboard the submarine where you could drink the coffee or use it to remove paint. πŸ˜€

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 15 posts - 56,941 through 56,955 (of 66,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply