Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008

• Hi

In SSRS 2008 their is no IIS required.

So anonymous access is not possible by configuring IIS.

I find the way to do that in SSRS 2008 .I am sharing this so that others can use it.

I am attaching the word document having steps to be followed and one more file name

microsoft.samples.reportingservices.anonymoussecurity.txt . Please rename the extension to .dll file and use this dll file as per the steps given in word document.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad.

• What would probably be better is if you wrote an article or blogged about it. That would make it more accessible.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Hi,

I did all from your document, but i keep getting error

Service Unavailable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

for ReportManager

and

The website cannot display the page

or rsconfigurationerror.

For ReportServer.

Where i'm wrong?

can any one help me, please.

Thank you.

• Hi,

You should Stop the Report server and do the changes in the files and once the changes done you need to start the Report server.

You can stop and Start the Report server from "Reporting Services Configuration Manager"

The path of "Reporting Services Configuration Manager" is Start --> Programs --> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 -->Configuration Tools -->Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

• Hello ,

It worked pefect for opening folders.Thanks for that.

But when I open report it display:

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError)

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingObjectModel, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied

I solved first problem .

Need to get access to these folders:;

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\RSTempFiles

Now works.

And also: can I give only browser Role for this anonymous access ?

• Hi all,

I did all the thing sgiven in the doc file, but when i tried to access the report manager, it gives an error.

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

I checked the server, it running fine then why this error occuring???

Any Idea???

Thanks in advanced..

-Kaustubh

• Just wanted to let you know that the configuration works perfectly!

Thanks a lot!!!

• Same problem

it gives an error.

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

• This is working for me.

Thanks alot for this document / .dll file.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

• K. Brian Kelley (10/20/2009)

What would probably be better is if you wrote an article or blogged about it. That would make it more accessible.

On top of that this is posted in the wrong forum so it is not likely to be found very easily.:-D

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• Hi,

Could you please help me to suggest where should i paste this topic in this website.

Regards,

Prasad

• Almost got it working. Note, there is a typo in the document, last item references the dll file in "d:\" drive rather than the c:\ found previously. I'm receiving an error as follows right now:

An error occurred during client rendering.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

This data source is configured to use Windows integrated security. Windows integrated security is either disabled for this report server or your report server is using Trusted Account mode. (rsWindowsIntegratedSecurityDisabled)

Am I supposed to be creating a limited user account and assigning to the data source in report manager rather than "windows integrated security" or is there a way to still use this?

• We have followed the information here exactly as well as from THIS link (more or less the same information) and cannot get this to work on 2008 R2. I think R2 might be the kicker here as we get nothing but errors when trying this process.

Does anyone know if things have to be done differently for 2008 R2?

• Worked perfectly for me ,but got the following error when trying to run/view a Report

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError)

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingObjectModel, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied

Does any one have an idea on how to fix this

Cedric

• Try checking in sql server 2008 configuration manager for the port assigned to your instance under network configuration -> TCPIP -> Properties. Cut the TCP dynamic port and paste into the TCP static port. Then make sure you create a rule in your windows and hardware fire walls to allow pass through.

You'll also need to create a login in SQL server management studio with dbo access to the database and assign that user and password to the data source in report manager.

This worked, and I got it through our Gold Partner incident support straight from a high level Microsoft tech, not the half complete solutions I've seen here.

Honestly, sometimes I think these forums are like old lady bakers. They give you part of the recipe, but leave out the secret ingredient.

You should also check the doc file for typos. It references both C: and D: drives for the dlls and reporting services.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply