AlwaysOn Synchronous Replica in Synchronizing State

• I have an AlwaysOn secondary node that is set to synchronous commit that is stuck in the Synchronizing state. This had previously been working fine but I needed to restart the secondary node because we added another processor to the virtual machine. The server stated fine but it will not synchronize. How can I troubleshoot this issue? There is very limited information from Microsoft on how to determine what the problem is. I have checked the AlwaysOn Health Events but there is nothing that suggests a problem. I can't believe that this is due to network latency because these servers are beside each other on the same subnet and had previously been synchronizing fine. Could it be due to the addition of the CPU?

Any suggestions appreciated.

• Hi You can try to execute

ALTER DATABASE <database_name> SET HADR RESUME

Should be able to resume the synchronization.

But please go through http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff877956.aspx for more information.

• Turned out to be something silly :pinch:

The node that I was looking at was correctly set to Synchronous commit Automatic failover, but the Primary node was somehow set to Asynchronous commit manual failover. Once I changed the primary node to the correct mode, the secondary node changed to the Synchronized state.

• Turned out to be something silly :pinch:

The node that I was looking at was correctly set to Synchronous commit Automatic failover, but the Primary node was somehow set to Asynchronous commit manual failover. Once I changed the primary node to the correct mode, the secondary node changed to the Synchronized state.

• Great ..

• Thanks johnmcp… this was a big help...

• Hello All,

We have configured always-on on Synchronous replica, But secondary databases is showing as Synchronizing instead of Synchronized state.

Please let me know why it is sin Synchronizing instead of Synchronized.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply